The time has come for yet another Blogger Award, but this time it’s worth mentioning – for I have been so graciously nominated for The Mystery Blogger Award (created by Okoto Oke Enigma) by the wonderful Jazz! A fellow book blogger and adherent to her blog’s very title, she’s worth a hearty follow, an outpouring of niceties, and everything else in between (Oh, and she’s British! Fellow Anglophiles, rejoice!). Now on to the rules, nominees, etcetera!
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide and link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
6. You have to nominate 10-20 people.
7. Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog (pingbacks are also nice).
8. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
9. Share your link to your best post(s).
Three Random Things About Arielle:
1. She’s allergic to shellfish (shrimp especially).
2. She can play “Mary Had a Little Lamb” on the Soprano Recorder with ease still after 15 years (does that qualify me for Time Lord status?).
3. The oldest book she owns is dated back to 1863.
Questions From Jazz:
1. What song best summarizes your mood right now?
“Way Too Far” by Korn.
2. You’re being shipped off to the Amazon rain forest for six weeks and you can take only two books. What do you take and why? Survival handbooks? Mills and Boon? Ooo the options are limitless.
If my followers know me all too well, the books would be The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien and Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. These two books have both personal/emotional sentiments and miraculously and unexpectedly arrived in my life after two pinnacle moments – both bittersweet.
3. What has been your biggest regret this past week?
I have two: not going back to the gym (I’ve been sick for 12 days), and not seeing Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.
4. If you wrote an autobiography, what would it be called?
To All of My Classmates Who Called Me “Fat”: Thank You
5. [Weird question] An evil sorceress has placed a curse upon you. You must become a human/animal hybrid (think centaurs etc). This sorceress has a rogue streak of good within her, though, and she’s permitted you to choose the animal you shall half become. What will you become?
Ok, you probably saw this one coming – a mermaid! Why? I mean, sure they’re technically half-fish, half-woman, but come on! Being a mermaid, you are biologically guaranteed flawless beauty, a sparkling tail, and the ability to lure hunky sailors and pirates to their doom! MUHAHAHAHA.
My Best Post:
My personal favorite is this one that only got one like (after all, it’s the quality, not quantity, that counts). You know what to do.
My (Beautiful) Nominees:
And Last But Not Least, Your Questions:
1. (The following weird/funny question may or may have not been derived from an aforementioned work of literature) With or without the supervision of a theoretical magician, you have successfully summoned a fairy! This fairy has offered to grant you any wish your heart so desperately desires. But, be warned! – this wish comes with a price, for you must give up half of your life in exchange for your wish. What would you wish for and why?
2. Pick three of your favorite literary genres. Now, for reasons beyond your control, you must give up reading one of those genres for the rest of your life. Pick one. (I’m sorry this is so tragic, but I couldn’t help myself).
3. What is your favorite mythological creature and why?
4. If given the opportunity, which living author would you want to interview and why?
5. What is the oldest book you own?